Master Data Creation and Cleanup
- Developing guidelines for data creation
- Ensure all maintenance significant assets are in the CMMS
- Ensure all design documents (i.e. data sheet, P&ID, PFD, VP etc.) are linked to the asset in the CMMS
- Equipment criticality ranking
Equipment Strategy Data Sheet
- It’s a summary sheet containing the basic information about the equipment, its possible failure modes, and the maintenance actions required to deal with the failure modes.
- It enables new assets to be put into effective service with great speed, confidence and precision.
- The sheet is structured to answer the Reliability Center Maintenance seven basic questions
- What are the functions and associated performance standards of the asset in its present operating context?
- In what ways does it fail to fulfil its functions?
- What causes each functional failure?
- What happens when each failure occurs?
- In what way does each failure occur?
- What can be done to predict or prevent each failure?
- What should be done if a suitable proactive task cannot be found?
- Maintenance strategies developed (e.g. Run-to-Failure, Preventive, Condition Based, Predictive)
- Maintenance programs developed and activated in CMMS
- All maintenance information is attached to technical objects (e.g. checklist, maintenance procedures, technical reference etc.)
Spare Parts Management
- Ensure that the right spares are identified
- Equipment bill of material for maintenance activities
- Recommended inventory levels will be based on quantifying risk